Proof of Vaccine Protocols
As of February 28, 2022, Craft Nova Scotia and The Centre for Craft are no longer required by the province of Nova Scotia to obtain proof of vaccine from all program participants, volunteers, and visitors upon entering our facilities. Therefore, we will not be asking for Proof of Vaccination from individuals.
For more information about the provincial policy: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/proof-of-full-vaccination-policy/
Health Protocols for Shared Spaces
As of March 21, 2022, Craft Nova Scotia and The Centre for Craft have decided to maintain a masking policy for all program participants, volunteers, and visitors upon entering our facilities.
- All students and instructors will be required to wear a non-medical mask. Please bring your own.
(If you forgot, we will have a small supply on hand if needed at the front door. Please ask an instructor for one.)
- Sanitizing station is located inside the front door.
- Entrance through the front door of studios and exit through back doors in respective studios will be encouraged (in the Studios Building).
- Students and staff are to keep socially distanced whenever possible.
- Each studio is stocked with cleaning product, paper towels, and bins for disposal to clean tools and equipment.
- If you feel sick, please do not come to class, and follow Public Health orders issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Studio Use Policy
- Studios are not available for business purposes.
- Prior to using the facilities artisans must be approved as a studio user and have an approved Studio Request Form outlining the specific project being completed.
- Studio users must sign a Liability Release Form which will be kept on file.
- Studios are to be kept clean and orderly. All equipment must be put away after use in their proper spots. Clean up after yourself. Please report any spills to the staff.
- Studio users are asked to notify staff of any loss or breakage to equipment or equipment in need of maintenance. This ongoing communication will help us to keep the studios in good working order.
- Studio intended as a workspace not a gathering place. Studio users are not permitted to bring any guests.
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol, or drug use are strictly prohibited.
The staff at the Center for Craft Nova Scotia has the right to refuse access to studios at any time if they assess any safety and security risks, or disrespect to other studio users and/or equipment.
The Centre for Craft Nova Scotia reserves the right to establish further Policies on Studio Use which will be communicated to all studio users.
Course Cancellation & Postponement Policy
Registration Close Date: Decisions on whether a class will be running or not will be made one week before the class is scheduled to start. Students will be sent a reminder and notified either way regarding the status of the course.
- Students hoping to register for courses after the registration close date can contact the Studio Coordinator. We can assess this on a per-case basis as long as the course is not full.
Weather: For weather-related closures, students will be notified of updates via email 3 hours in advance of the start time. If it is less than 3 hours before a class is scheduled to start, the students will be notified by email and over the phone.
COVID-19 Shut Down: In the case of a shut-down due to COVID-19, a full refund will be given to students if a class has not started. If a class had started, no refund will be given to students. Upon reopening, the Centre will commit to scheduled make-up open studio time with instructors for those students.
Other Reasons: If, for any other reason, it is necessary for the Centre for Craft Nova Scotia to cancel a class, students will be notified immediately and given a full refund.
Full Refund: Cancellations with 7 or more business days notice can receive a full refund.
Partial (75%) Refund: Cancellations with 4-6 business days notice will only be issued a 75% refund.
Partial (50%) Refund: Cancellations with 1-3 business days before the first day of class will result in a 50% refund.
No Refund: No shows and cancellations less than 1 business day before the start of class will result in charges of the FULL class fee and are NOT eligible for any refund.
*Please note: For classes missed for personal reasons of the registrant, we do not offer course credit to another term or makeup classes.
By signing up for a waitlist, you are letting us know that you are interested in a full course in the event that a spot opens. This does not commit anyone to signing up should a spot become available.
- If a spot becomes available, we will contact you via email and you have 24 hours to respond. If more than 24 hours has passed with no response, we will move on to the next person on the waitlist.
- If there is less than 48 hours before the start of a class, we will not hold the spot and continue to contact the people on the waitlist in order.