Health Protocols for Shared Spaces
- All students and instructors will be required to wear a non-medical mask. Please bring your own.
We will have a supply on hand if needed at the front door. Please ask an instructor for one.
- Sanitizing station is located inside the front door.
- Entrance through the front door of studios and exit through back doors in respective studios will be encouraged (studio side).
- Please fill out covid-19 daily check list before class begins.
- Students and staff are to social distance when possible.
- Each studio is stocked with cleaning product, paper towels, and bins for disposal to clean tools and equipment.
- If you feel sick, please do not come to class, and follow Public Health orders issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- Registration Close Date- Decisions on whether a class will be running or not will be made one week before the class is scheduled to start.
- A full refund will be paid if cancellation by the student is made prior to the registration close date as outlined in the course description. There will be a 75% refund if cancellation is made on or after the registration close date, up to the day before. No refund will be issued if cancellation is made the day of class or after class has started.
- In the case of a shut-down due to Covid-19, if a class has not started a full refund will be given to students. If a class had started no refund will be given to students. Upon reopening the Centre will commit to scheduled make-up open studio time with instructors for those students.
- If, for any other reason, it is necessary for the Centre to cancel a class, students will be notified immediately and given a full refund.
Policies for studio use
- Studios are not available for business purposes.
- Prior to using the facilities artisans must be approved as a studio user and have an approved Studio Request Form outlining the specific project being completed.
- Studio users must sign a Liability Release Form which will be kept on file.
- Studios are to be kept clean and orderly. All equipment must be put away after use in their proper spots. Clean up after yourself. Please report any spills to the staff.
- Studio users are asked to notify staff of any loss or breakage to equipment or equipment in need of maintenance. This ongoing communication will help us to keep the studios in good working order.
- Studio intended as a workspace not a gathering place. Currently Studio users are not to bring in any guests.
- There is NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL or Drugs in the building, whatsoever.
- Staff at the Center for Craft Nova Scotia has the right to refuse access to studios at any time if they assess any safety and security risks, or disrespect to other studio users and equipment.
- The Centre reserves the right to establish further Policies on Studio Use which will be communicated to all studio users.